Mocha mini muffins
Having a 7-month-old who wants to master her standing and walking skills every second of her waking time can leave you with little time to breathe. It is, therefore, uncharacteristically considerate of the aforementioned 7-month-old to doze off for a good two hours in the unusual cool of a usually hot Mumbai. So what if it is thanks to the cold medicine. (Evil laughter)
This is what you do:
100 gms. flour
100 gms. butter
100 gms caster sugar
1 heaped tsp. fine instant coffee
1 tsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin cases. Place a Nuttie in each. (Yes, I forgot; so, I put them on top of the batter and they sank to the bottom anyway. Grin.)
- Place all the ingredients (except the Nutties) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a drop of milk if the consistency of the batter is too thick.
- Spoon the batter into the cases and bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with your favorite cup of whatever.