Quick Chocolate Strawberry Cream Tarts
And yet, I watch them. Almost every day since I became a stay-at-home mum. For the occasional talent and the stray idea. So yesterday, when I was watching E-TV Marathi’s afternoon cookery show, Mejwani Paripoorna Kitchen, (guys, if you’re reading this, let me tell you that your new set sucks. Big time.) I saw a recipe for “Marie Delight” as their cook for the day called them. She dunked Marie biscuits in a watery mixture of drinking chocolate and topped them with chopped fruits and cornflakes and it all fell apart and swam in a sea of watery chocolate. But that’s where I got the idea for these quick tarts.
They turned out really nice and shortcrust-ey and the cream and strawberries absolutely made the marriage. I highly recommend them for when you’re expecting sudden guests. Or when you need that small sweet nibble to celebrate your 10-month-old’s rare afternoon nap.
- 8 Marie or other neutral-flavored tea biscuit
- 3 tbsp. whipping cream
- 100 gms. or about 1 bar of dark chocolate
- 4-5 strawberries or other fruit of choice
- Chocolate sprinkles for decoration
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double-boiler.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a chopping board or metal tray.
- Dunk a biscuit in the molten chocolate and place one on top of the other (I used two per portion) on the waiting parchment ever so lightly.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and slice the strawberries.
- Remove from the fridge and spoon (or pipe, if feeling fancy) the cream onto the chocolate-coated biscuit pair.
- Adorn each tart with the sliced fruit and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Steal one to go with your afternoon tea/coffee.