When it rains, I feel like eating. Something hot, something carb-heavy, something very inappropriate. Like spicy batata vadas and chhole-bature, like cheesy gratins and smoky kebabs. And then, I sit with all the discomfort that seasonal sluggish metabolism can bring. Some months ago, my mum made me this lovely aftermint using a recipe from a friend. It’s made using the simplest, most everyday ingredients, and is so toasty and delicious, I’ve been eating it after every meal and just like that as well. Here’s my version of the recipe:
- 1/2 cup fennel seeds(saunf)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (magaj)
- 1/2 cup roasted split coriander seeds (dhana daal)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds (alsi)
- 3 tbsp. carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbsp. rock salt
- Toast all the seeds in a dry wok until fragrant. Cool.
- Mix with rock salt and store in airtight jars.