Recipe video: How to make Grilled Chicken
It’s October, and the air conditioners and fans are working overtime here in Mumbai. With the change in weather, there have been a few changes in my kitchen–gone are the warm, fuzzy recipes that made you want to curl up in your bed with a book. What’s here is fresh, zingy, light food. Food that requires minimum time in a super-sunny kitchen.
Come, look what we’re eating!
Grilled chicken with Tomato and Pineapple Salsa
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chilies
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil + for spraying on the pan
- Salt to taste
- Make shallow slits along the diagonal of each chicken breast.
- In a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder, mince the garlic, red chilies, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and mix to a paste.
- Apply on each side of the chicken breasts.
- Squeeze on some lime juice and leave to marinate until you make your salsa.
- When it’ time to grill, heat your grill pan or skillet or other pan of choice and spray on some olive oil.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and for about 2 minutes on the second.
- Serve hot with a cool salsa or salad.
Recipe for Tomato and Pineapple Salsa here. Except, I used cherry tomatoes this time because I found them burstingly fresh when I went shopping for the shoot.
Other recipe videos on this blog: