Orange and Nutella cake
Is it just me or is the weather really horrible? It makes me want to do warm, fuzzy things–things like orange cake.
So that’s what I went ahead and did; and here’s how:
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams + 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated rind of half a large orange
- Julienned rind of the other half of the orange
- Juice of half the orange
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Couple of dollops Nutella
- 3 tbsp. icing sugar
- Grease and line a loaf tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Place the eggs, sugar, butter, and orange juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla and blend again.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a basin.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry one. Add some more orange juice if you think the batter is too thick.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for about an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- When slightly cool, transfer onto a serving dish of choice and slather with Nutella.
- Cream the reserved tablespoonful of butter with a little orange juice and icing sugar until you achieve a pouring consistency.
- Spoon this onto the Nutella layer in random movements to achieve a white stringy, ribbony pattern.
- Sprinkle the orange rind julienne on the cake and serve warm or cold for pure happiness!